Sunday 20 February 2011

My love affair with plants

I've always loved flowers and plants ever since I was little. It has grown from a little fascination to almost an obsession, I love plants they are simply amazing things. Why did I bother making this blog? Well even though there's a plethora of blogs out there based on gardening made by more experienced people, I thought I'd simply give it a go. I love gardening and I'm always out there trying to find likeminded individuals that share my passion, as well as my lack of space. There are certain people in the blogosphere that I truly admire, one mainly being You Grow Girl, she's truly been an inspiration to me and revived my somewhat dormant love affair with plants.

I'll be honest with you gentle reader, my lack of land extremely discouraged me from doing anything with the limited space I did have, but her Gayla Trail's (You Grow Girl) books have encouraged me to try again. For that I'm grateful, I decided to try again last year and I never looked back. I've successfully managed to grow some great vegetables and herbs for me and my family. Though the yields wouldn't be the same as the yield one would get in a backyard, it was still pretty awesome and a wonderful accomplishment to know you've grown  your own produce. Now that the love affair is back, I've sown some seeds, ordered some and I'm excited for the snow to thaw and for me to start taking my little seedlings out!

There's nothing like seeing a little seedling poking out of the ground pot, is there?

2 comments:

  1. Best luck with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention, and thanks for the good luck, we'll see what happens from here. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete